WONDER #748: Where are the La Brea Tar Pits?
Question 1 of 3
This Wonder was mostly about...
- why the La Brea Tar Pits are the best place to visit in California.
- how to excavate fossilized remains from a giant tar pit.
- how to avoid getting stuck in tar.
- the La Brea Tar Pits, which lie in the heart of Los Angeles and hold the remains of many prehistoric animals.
Question 2 of 3
The La Brea Tar Pits were once called the ______________________________.
- Salt Creek oil fields
- California fossil bed
- Los Angeles asphalt source
- La Brea sinkhole
Question 3 of 3
Tar has seeped from the ground of the La Brea Tar Pits for _________________ years.
- 1 billion
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/where-are-the-la-brea-tar-pits.