WONDER #591: What Is a Lenticular Cloud?
Question 1 of 3
Why do some people confuse lenticular clouds with UFOs?
- Lenticular clouds are from outer space.
- Lenticular clouds are shaped like a lens or saucer and so look a bit like UFOs.
- No one knows.
- Lenticular clouds make the same sound reported near UFO sightings.
Question 2 of 3
Lenticular clouds often form near _______________.
- tropical rain forests
- mountain ranges
Question 3 of 3
Why do airplane pilots try to avoid lenticular clouds, according to this Wonder?
- They're afraid of encountering a UFO.
- Lenticular clouds can cause turbulence.
- Lenticular clouds hold more rain than other clouds.
- Lenticular clouds interfere with radar.
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/What-Is-a-Lenticular-Cloud.