WONDER #2938: Do Trees Communicate With Each Other?
Question 1 of 3
This wonder is mostly about . . .
- plants that attack their neighbors.
- mycorrhizal networks connecting plants.
- trees that make sounds that humans cannot hear.
- the defense mechanisms of plants.
Question 2 of 3
Which of these is NOT true about the relationship between trees and mycorrhizal fungi?
- It is a symbiotic relationship.
- The trees and fungi help one another.
- The fungi kill the tree roots.
- The trees and fungi share nutrients.
Question 3 of 3
The warnings sent between trees are not . . .
- on purpose.
- sent through signals.
- responses to attacks.
- helpful to neighboring trees.
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/Do-Trees-Communicate-With-Each-Other.