WONDER #2934: What Is a Waterspout?
Question 1 of 3
This Wonder is mostly about . . .
- Weather patterns in the Florida Keys
- How tornadoes and waterspouts are alike and different.
- How cumulus clouds develop.
- How waterspouts form.
Question 2 of 3
What evidence shows that fair weather waterspouts are different from tornadoes?
- While tornadoes usually form as part of a larger storm, fair weather waterspouts start in calm weather.
- Fair weather waterspouts only reach level 0.
- The first stage of a waterspout is a dark spot on the surface of the water.
- A and B.
Question 3 of 3
How do we know that fair weather waterspouts need warm water to develop?
- They are caused by tornadoes.
- The waterspout heats up the surrounding water.
- They occur in areas where the water temperature is warm.
- Scientists have told us so.
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/What-Is-a-Waterspout.