WONDER #2928: Who Was the First Female and American Indian Engineer?
Question 1 of 3
Which statement about Mary Golda Ross is a fact? She was a member of the . . .
- Shawnee tribe
- Iroquois tribe
- Choctaw tribe
- Cherokee tribe
Question 2 of 3
Mary Golda Ross started working at Lockheed because . . .
- World War II created job openings.
- Women were given the right to work by popular vote.
- The aerospace industry suddenly valued the work of American Indians.
- She wanted to fly fighter planes during the war.
Question 3 of 3
What does the phrase Skunk Works mean?
- A production building in a town that smelled bad.
- A production building that was infested with skunks.
- A place where stuffed skunks were produced.
- The nickname of a secret engineering program.
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/Who-Was-the-First-Female-and-American-Indian-Engineer.