WONDER #2922: Who Was Clementine Hunter?
Question 1 of 3
Why is Clementine Hunter’s art focused on Melrose plantation?
- She visited Melrose on vacation.
- She lived there most of her life.
- She owed the plantation owner money.
- She wanted to sell art to plantation tourists.
Question 2 of 3
How do we know that Clementine Hunter painted scenes she saw?
- Her paintings feature farming work.
- Her paintings feature household activities.
- Her paintings feature local crops like cotton.
- All of the above.
Question 3 of 3
Which statement is a fact about Clementine Hunter ?
- She studied art in college.
- She focused on detailed portrait drawings.
- She always sold her art at high prices.
- She taught herself to paint.
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/Who-Was-Clementine-Hunter.