WONDER #2905: When Do You Use a Thesaurus?
Question 1 of 3
What is this Wonder mostly about?
- Apps to help with writing
- Use of a thesaurus
- The history of reference books
- The difference between synonyms and antonyms
Question 2 of 3
How is a thesaurus different from a dictionary?
- A thesaurus is a book, and a dictionary is an app.
- A dictionary is in ABC order, and a thesaurus is not.
- A dictionary lists word meanings while a thesaurus lists synonyms
- A dictionary and thesaurus are not different.
Question 3 of 3
According to the article, which of these is a reason that writers and speakers use synonyms when they communicate?
- To sound smarter
- To create transitions
- To get better grades
- To choose a more precise word
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/When-Do-You-Use-a-Thesaurus.