Wonder #2883: Are Yawns Contagious?
Question 1 of 3
How likely is it for someone to yawn after seeing someone else yawn?
- five times more likely
- six times more likely
- 139 times more likely
- 10 times more likely
Question 2 of 3
What do mirror neurons do?
- they help the brain notice useful behaviors and then mimic them
- they can act like any other cell in the body
- they function in the completely opposite way of other cells in the brain
- when one mirror neuron does something new all the other neurons mimic it
Question 3 of 3
Which of the following do experts NOT think is a possible trigger for yawning?
- social mirroring caused by mirror neurons
- being in the same environment
- social bonds between individuals
- a bacterial infection of the sinuses
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/Are-Yawns-Contagious.