Wonder #2880: Is Antarctica Melting?
Question 1 of 3
What is the average thickness of Antarctica’s ice sheet?
- 1 mile
- 1.5 miles
- 3 miles
- 2 miles
Question 2 of 3
What could happen if the melting ice sheet causes the sea to rise three to six inches?
- it could cause a mass extinction of plankton
- it could lower the overall temperature of the world’s oceans
- it could increase electrical storms all over the world
- it could cause some regions of the world to become uninhabitable, especially by the shore
Question 3 of 3
What is the Paris Agreement?
- a binding contract between France and the European Union to increase production of zero emission vehicles
- a legal document that proposes increased usage of fossil fuels
- an international treaty that seeks to limit global warming to between 1.5 and 2°C
- an international treaty that requires a cease of all nuclear power plants by 2045
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/Is-Antarctica-Melting.