Wonder #2859: Who Is Claudette Colvin?
Question 1 of 3
As quoted in this Wonder, who did Claudette Colvin feel was pushing her down when she was asked to get up and move to the back of the bus?
- Susie McDonald and Mary Louise Smith
- Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Sojourner Truth and Harriet Tubman
- the NAACP and the 14th Amendment
Question 2 of 3
According to this Wonder, which of the following is NOT a reason the Civil Rights leaders believed Rosa Parks was more likely to receive sympathy from the public than Claudette Colvin?
- age difference
- difference in skin tone
- education level
- Colvin came from a family experiencing poverty
Question 3 of 3
Which Supreme Court case did Claudette Colvin win regarding bus segregation in Alabama?
- Brown v. Board of Education
- Colvin v. State of Alabama
- NAACP v. Montgomery
- Browder v. Gayle
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/Who-Is-Claudette-Colvin.