Wonder #2858: What Caused the Haitian Revolution?
Question 1 of 3
Who was the social group known as the maroons?
- people who had escaped slavery and lived in the mountains
- wealthy black and mixed-race people
- poor white people who owned no land
- white colonizers who owned slaves
Question 2 of 3
Haiti was the first nation to be founded by this group?
- wealthy European colonizers
- people who were formerly enslaved
- white people who owned no land
- a people who had successfully revolted
Question 3 of 3
Which resource did the Spanish force the native people to mine?
- iron ore
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/What-Caused-the-Haitian-Revolution.