Wonder #2840: What Is a Dystopia?
Question 1 of 3
Which of the following are NOT likely to be found in a dystopian story?
- strict government control
- the government censoring the public
- people have very little or no privacy
- people living in harmony with nature and each other
Question 2 of 3
Anarchy is when . . .
- there is no government at all and people fight each other and nature for survival
- people are cut off from nature and have no interaction with the natural world
- advanced technology is used to control the public or to make life easier for the select few
- a strict government enforces one religion for all people
Question 3 of 3
Which of the following statements best describes a dystopia?
- a society in which everyone is very happy
- a society in which people vote for their leader in regular elections
- a society in which most people live unhappy—even miserable—lives
- a society in which people work hard but have everything they need
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/What-Is-a-Dystopia.