WONDER #2812: What Is a Piragua?
Question 1 of 3
Piragua is a combination of Spanish words that means what?
- Flavor and Snow
- Canoe and Shaved Ice
- Pyramid and Water
- Umbrella and Heat
Question 2 of 3
What was the main idea of this Wonder?
- a detailed description and cultural significance of a flavored, shaved ice treat called Piragua
- popular summertime activities of communities with a large population of people with Puerto Rican heritage
- the geographical diversity of the archipelago of Puerto Rico
- traditional foods eaten in large cities like Chicago, New York, and Miami
Question 3 of 3
In Puerto Rico, the word Piragua refers to the flavored, shaved ice summer treat, but in most other Spanish speaking countries it refers to what?
- a mechanical ice shaver
- a cart that sells umbrellas
- a tropical forest
- a type of boat
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/Have-You-Ever-Eaten-a-Piragua.