WONDER #2793: How Do Sine, Cosine, and Tangent Work?
Question 1 of 3
Which is NOT a word you would use to label the sides of a triangle to find sine, cosine, and tangent?
Question 2 of 3
Which is the correct formula for finding sine of an angle labeled theta (Θ)?
- Sine Θ = Adjacent ÷ Hypotenuse
- Sine Θ = Cosine ÷ Tangent
- Sine Θ = Opposite ÷ Hypotenuse
- Sine Θ = Opposite ÷ Adjacent
Question 3 of 3
Which mnemonic can help you remember the formulas of sine, cosine, and tangent?
- Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally
- How I wish I could calculate pi
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/How-Do-Sine,-Cosine,-and-Tangent-Work.