WONDER #2734: What is Hemophilia?
Question 1 of 3
What was the main idea of this Wonder?
- Male humans have an X and a Y chromosome, while female have two X chromosomes.
- Hemophilia is a genetic condition in which a person’s blood is unable to clot properly.
- Hemophilia is very common and affects many people around the world.
- Treatment can improve the symptoms of hemophilia.
Question 2 of 3
Which statement about hemophilia is NOT true?
- Biological males are more likely to have hemophilia than are females.
- Hemophilia can cause bleeding into the joints, skin, or muscles after injury.
- There is only one type of hemophilia.
- About 400,000 people around the world are living with hemophilia.
Question 3 of 3
In a person with hemophilia, an issue with genes on the X chromosome can result in a lack of _____________.
- immune system
- stomach bile
- clotting factors
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/What-Is-Hemophilia.