WONDER #2721: How Did People Keep Food Fresh Before Refrigerators?
Question 1 of 3
This Wonder was mostly about...
- how to preserve food grown in your home garden.
- the inventor of the electric refrigerator and how the machine changed the world.
- how people preserved food before refrigerators and how refrigeration has changed thanks to technology.
- why it’s important not to waste food.
Question 2 of 3
Which is NOT a way people preserved food before refrigerators?
- Drying with sunlight
- Packing it tightly in wrapping paper
- Freezing with snow and ice
- Storing in ice houses
Question 3 of 3
An advanced method of food storage called the ____________ arose in Persia around 400 BCE.
- Chichen Itza
- root cellar
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/How-Did-People-Keep-Food-Fresh-Before-Refrigerators.