WONDER #2715: How Are Animatronics Made?
Question 1 of 3
What was the main idea of this Wonder?
- The process of making animatronics starts with an artist creating a sketch and a small model of what the finished product will look like.
- Making animatronics for films can be a lot of fun.
- Parks like Disneyland and Disney World would not be possible without technology.
- Animatronics are moving puppets that are made and controlled by people and often seen in movies and theme parks.
Question 2 of 3
Which is NOT a step in making a new animatronic character, according to this Wonder?
- An artist sketches the animatronic.
- A mold is made using a sculpture.
- A person puts on the animatronic suit.
- The cast of the animatronic is filled with a plastic or metal skeleton.
Question 3 of 3
What type of technology has made the process of building models and molds for animatronics faster, according to this Wonder?
- Acrylic paint
- 3D printer
- Sculpting clay
- Glass kiln
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/How-Are-Animatronics-Made.