WONDER #2709: What are Blue Zones?
Question 1 of 3
A person who lives 100 years or more is called a _______________.
Question 2 of 3
Which is NOT a common habit of people who live in Blue Zones?
- Inheriting perfect genes
- Eating a plant-based diet
- Having healthy sleep habits
- Having a sense of purpose
Question 3 of 3
What was the main idea of this Wonder?
- The five Blue Zones studied by Dan Buettner were Nicoya Peninsula, Costa Rica; Loma Linda, California; Ogliastra Region, Sardinia; Okinawa, Japan; and Ikaria, Greece.
- Genes are not the most important factor in determining how long or healthy your life will be.
- Blue Zones are geographical regions in which people tend to live longer, healthier lives, and many people who live in Blue Zones share certain habits in common.
- It’s important to live a stress-free life to avoid serious health problems.
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/What-Are-Blue-Zones.