WONDER #2688: Why Does Rain Make You Sleepy?
Question 1 of 3
What was the main idea of this Wonder?
- Rainy days make people sleepy because of the lack of sunlight, higher humidity, and pink noise caused by the sound of rain.
- Humans respond differently to different types of weather depending on where they live.
- There are many fun things to do on a rainy day, even though you can’t go outside.
- It’s important to pay attention to the weather when planning for group activities.
Question 2 of 3
The lack of sunlight on rainy days affects how much _____________ the human body produces.
- Both a and c
Question 3 of 3
Which statement about the effect of weather on people is NOT true?
- Illnesses tend to spread faster in the winter months.
- The weather rarely affects people’s moods.
- Spending time outside on a pleasant day may increase creative thinking.
- People often experience lower blood pressure in the summer.
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/Why-Does-Rain-Make-You-Sleepy.