WONDER #2680: Do You See a Face on the Moon?
Question 1 of 3
This Wonder was mostly about...
- how the craters on the Moon came to be.
- how to diagnose pareidolia.
- what pareidolia is and some common examples of it.
- why we should train future computers to recognize faces better.
Question 2 of 3
Which is NOT an example of pareidolia?
- Seeing a face on the Moon
- Noticing the shape of an animal in a cloud
- Seeing the image of a famous person in wood grain
- Recognizing the pattern on a plaid shirt
Question 3 of 3
Some experts explain pareidolia with the idea that early humans ______________ see and recognize faces quickly.
- could not
- evolved to
- were better able to
- didn’t want to
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/Do-You-See-a-Face-on-the-Moon.