WONDER #2613: How Do One-Way Mirrors Work?
Question 1 of 3
In which of these situations would one side of a one-way mirror be reflective while the other was transparent?
- Rooms on both sides of the mirror are brightly lit.
- The mirror is placed in the center of one room, the lighting is similar on both sides.
- The room one one side of the mirror is dimly lit, while the other room is very bright.
- Rooms on both sides of the mirror are very dark.
Question 2 of 3
One-way mirrors are ______________ so they have a very thin layer of reflective coating.
Question 3 of 3
This Wonder was mostly about...
- why detectives use one-way mirrors when questioning suspects.
- what one-way mirrors are and how they work.
- how to make your own mirror at home.
- the history of silvering.
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/How-Do-One-Way-Mirrors-Work.