WONDER #2610: How Do you Harvest Honey?
Question 1 of 3
This Wonder was mostly about...
- how to set up your very own beehive.
- the best ways to eat honey.
- why fresh, local honey tastes better and is often healthier for people to eat.
- how beekeepers harvest honey while keeping themselves and their bees safe.
Question 2 of 3
Which of these is NOT commonly worn by beekeepers when harvesting honey?
- Elbow-length gloves
- Perfume that attracts bees
- A special hat with a veil
- Overalls that prevent stings
Question 3 of 3
Is it okay for beekeepers to take all of the honey out of a hive when harvesting during the fall season?
- Yes, because bees don’t need honey to survive.
- Yes, because bees can make more honey very quickly.
- No, because bees need enough honey to survive the winter.
- No, because bees can only make honey in the spring.
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/How-Do-You-Harvest-Honey.