WONDER #2593: What Do Your Intestines Do?
Question 1 of 3
What was the main idea of this Wonder?
- The small intestine is actually quite long.
- People should pay more attention to how well their intestines are working.
- Digestion is a very important process in keeping the body running, and it couldn’t be done without the stomach.
- The intestines are the largest part of the digestive system and are responsible for absorbing nutrients from digested food.
Question 2 of 3
Which of the following is NOT true about the large intestine?
- The large intestine is about one inch in diameter.
- The large intestine moves waste to the rectum.
- The large intestine absorbs any water, electrolytes, and salt remaining in digested food.
- Most of the large intestine is made up of the colon.
Question 3 of 3
The small intestine is responsible for _____ percent of digestion.
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/What-Do-Your-Intestines-Do.