WONDER 2565: What Are Earthquake Lights?
Question 1 of 3
What was the main idea of this Wonder?
- Earthquake lights are the best way to know that an earthquake is about to happen.
- People have seen earthquake lights for thousands of years, but scientists are still learning about what causes them.
- Many people tell stories about earthquake lights, but no one has ever seen them.
- Most earthquakes are caused by the movements of tectonic plates.
Question 2 of 3
Which of the following is NOT an example of what earthquake lights might look like?
- A lit candelabra
- Glowing orbs
- Cloud-like streaks
- Light coming from the ground
Question 3 of 3
Scientists think earthquake lights may be caused by clusters of what kind of atoms?
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/What-Are-Earthquake-Lights.