WONDER #2542: Why Do Whales Breach?
Question 1 of 3
This Wonder was mostly about...
- theories experts have for why whales breach.
- how whales find each other when they’re lost.
- examples of animals that breach other than whales.
- why whales are the best sea animal.
Question 2 of 3
Which of these is NOT an animal that breaches, according to this Wonder?
Question 3 of 3
Which is the BEST evidence that whales breach to communicate with each other?
- “Whales may breach to clear their skin of parasites and other small animals.”
- “Many other species of fish are also known to jump above water from time to time. ”
- “Baby whales have been observed breaching repeatedly if they’ve lost sight of their mothers”
- “The answer is that experts aren’t quite sure. Breaching doesn’t seem to serve any obvious purpose.”
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/Why-Do-Whales-Breach.