WONDER #2535: What are Zombie Worms?
Question 1 of 3
The scientific name for zombie worms is...
- Ophiocordyceps unilateralis
- Plesiometa argyra
Question 2 of 3
What is the BEST evidence that humans are unlikely to be threatened by zombie worms?
- “Currently, the oldest evidence of the presence of zombie worms is a 30 million-year-old whale bone.”
- “It seems that animals have been eating each other’s remains for most of Earth’s history.”
- “These unique creatures don’t much resemble their stumbling namesake”
- “Zombie worms live deep in the ocean, up to 13,000 feet (4,000 meters) below the surface.”
Question 3 of 3
This Wonder was mostly about...
- zombie worms, which feed on the bones of dead whales.
- evidence that zombies are real.
- various animals that feed on each other’s remains.
- why more people should be aware of the threat posed by zombie worms.
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/What-are-Zombie-Worms.