WONDER #2521: Are Graphic Novels Books?
Question 1 of 3
Which is NOT a benefit of reading graphic novels?
- Lower vocabulary
- Improved ability to comprehend what you read
- Stronger memory
- Better ability to make inferences
Question 2 of 3
Which of these BEST proves that reading a graphic novel and reading other types of books have similar effects on your brain?
- “It also helps them understand language and the order of events when they read.”
- “Are graphic novels books? Well, yes, of course, they are!”
- “Graphic novels come in a wide variety of genres.”
- “As you interpret the images and text in a graphic novel, your brain comprehends the story in the same way it does text-based books.”
Question 3 of 3
What was the main idea of this Wonder?
- Graphic novels are better than other types of books.
- Graphic novels are books, and there are many benefits to reading them.
- People who read graphic novels like adventure stories.
- Some graphic novels are based on real books, while others fit into various genres.
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/Are-Graphic-Novels-Books.