WONDER #2495: How is Coral Made?
Question 1 of 3
What was the main idea of this Wonder?
- Coral grows very slowly to form coral reefs, one of the world’s most diverse ecosystems.
- Corals come in many different colors.
- The sea is home to many colorful animals, including jellyfish, nudibranchs, and coral.
- The Great Barrier Reef can be seen from space.
Question 2 of 3
Which of the following threatens the survival of coral reefs?
- Climate change
- Coral bleaching
- All of the above
Question 3 of 3
Which BEST proves that the Great Barrier Reef is a very diverse ecosystem?
- “Coral is closely related to two other colorful marine animals, jellyfish and anemones.”
- “The world’s largest reef—the Great Barrier Reef—is home to over 2,000 species.”
- “Corals get their colors from algae that live in the reef.”
- “Coral reefs are home to about a quarter of wild marine life!”
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/How-is-Coral-Made.