WONDER #2439: Who Was Socrates?
Question 1 of 3
A friend of Socrates asked the _____________________ whether anyone in the world was wiser than Socrates.
- King of Athens
- Greek Prophet
- Oracle at Delphi
Question 2 of 3
Which statement about Socrates is NOT true?
- At one point in his life, Socrates was a sculptor.
- Socrates had three sons.
- Socrates wrote the famous epic poem called The Iliad.
- Socrates was arrested and charged with impiety.
Question 3 of 3
What was the main idea of this Wonder?
- Plato and Xenophon wrote a lot about Socrates and his teachings.
- Socrates was an ancient Greek philosopher who many consider to be the father of Western philosophy.
- The Oracle at Delphi was very important to the people of ancient Greece.
- Questioning is the best way to learn.
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/who-was-socrates.