WONDER #2411: How Did the Planets Get Their Names?
Question 1 of 3
Today, the ______________________ names new heavenly objects.
- Roman government
- International Astronomical Union
- United States
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Question 2 of 3
What was the main idea of this Wonder?
- People are only allowed to use names from Roman mythology for objects in space.
- Venus was named for the Roman goddess of love and beauty.
- People can see Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn without a telescope.
- The planets and most other objects in space got their names from mythology.
Question 3 of 3
“Earth” came from Old English and Germanic words meaning what?
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/How-Did-the-Planets-Get-Their-Names.