WONDER #2366: What is a Griffin?
Question 1 of 3
Which of the following is NOT true about griffins, according to this Wonder?
- Griffins have the body of a lion and the head of an eagle.
- Griffins can fly short distances.
- Griffins often guarded treasures.
- Griffins are based on fossils of the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
Question 2 of 3
What was the main idea of this Wonder?
- The griffin is a mythical cross between a lion and eagle that has been in many stories throughout the ages.
- Griffins are the best mythical creatures.
- Griffins are actually based on Protoceratops, whose fossils have been found in the Gobi Desert.
- Many stories are about mythical animals.
Question 3 of 3
What makes some people believe the griffin was influenced by the Protoceratops?
- Many stories use the two animals interchangeably.
- It looked a lot like the griffin.
- The Protoceratops was half lion and half eagle, just like the griffin.
- Griffin bones were found in the same place as the Protoceratops.
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/what-is-a-griffin.