WONDER #2351: What is the Mandela Effect?
Question 1 of 3
What is the Mandela Effect?
- A theory that many other universes exist next to ours
- When many people share the same false memory
- The reason Nelson Mandela left prison and became the president of South Africa
- A plan to trick people into believing Nelson Mandela was already dead
Question 2 of 3
Which of the following statements about Nelson Mandela is NOT true?
- Nelson Mandela was the first person to notice the Mandela Effect.
- Nelson Mandela was the first president of South Africa.
- Nelson Mandela was imprisoned by the South African government.
- Nelson Mandela passed away in 2013.
Question 3 of 3
Which is the best evidence that the Mandela Effect is caused by our brains?
- “In some other universe, the Industrial Revolution never happened. In another, dinosaurs still live.”
- “Then, thousands of people from that universe somehow came to ours. Here, they watched his funeral again in 2013.”
- “Sometimes, our brains mess up. They mix two similar memories together.”
- “Each group contains memories that are similar to each other.”
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/What-Is-the-Mandela-Effect.