WONDER #2350: What Kinds of Technology Do Athletes Wear?
Question 1 of 3
What caused the Olympics to ban a popular swimsuit in 2010?
- It was causing injuries to swimmers.
- It allowed more oxygen to flow to swimmers’ muscles.
- It held swimmers’ bodies in a hydrodynamic position.
- Both b and c
Question 2 of 3
Recovery ________________ use infrared energy to help cells grow and make the wearer wake up energized.
- sleep masks
Question 3 of 3
Which is the BEST evidence that sports organizations have started to re-think the role of technology in sports?
- “It’s become popular among athletes because of its ability to track workouts and make rest recommendations.”
- “The National Basketball Association (NBA) has banned players from wearing the WHOOP during games.”
- “Athletes wearing them can watch a map while running so they don’t get lost.”
- “They contain sensors that tell you when your yoga pose isn’t quite right.”
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/What-Kinds-of-Technology-Do-Athletes-Wear.