WONDER #2341: Which Animals Understand Humans Best?
Question 1 of 3
Why did employees of the San Francisco Zoo name Koko “Hanabiko”?
- “Hanabiko” means “fireworks child,” and she was born on the 4th of July.
- They liked the way “Hanabiko” sounded.
- “Hanabiko” means “fireworks child,” and she liked fireworks.
- Koko was from Japan and they wanted to give her a Japanese name.
Question 2 of 3
Koko had a vocabulary of ____________ words.
Question 3 of 3
Which of these statements about Koko is NOT true?
- Koko had a kitten whom she named “All Ball.”
- Koko could speak verbally as well as through sign language.
- Koko met Mr. Rogers and Robin Williams.
- Koko’s selfie was on the cover of National Geographic.
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/which-animals-understand-humans-best.