WONDER #2322: How Many Steps Does Chichén Itzá Have?
Question 1 of 3
What was the main idea of this Wonder?
- The Mayan calendar was central to Mayan culture, as can be seen by El Castillo in Chichén Itzá.
- Chichén Itzá has 91 steps on each side plus one extra step on the north side.
- The Chinese calendar has between 353 and 385 days.
- People have always measured time.
Question 2 of 3
How is the north side of El Castillo different from the other sides?
- The steps are a little bit wider
- It’s the only side people are still allowed to climb
- It is made of a different type of rock
- It has an extra step
Question 3 of 3
On what special days does the sun cause serpent-like shadows on the sides of El Castillo?
- Easter and Christmas
- Dia de Los Muertos and Halloween
- Spring and Autumn Equinoxes
- Independence Day and Thanksgiving
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/How-Many-Steps-Does-Chichén-Itzá-Have.