WONDER #2319: Who Designed the Seat Belt?
Question 1 of 3
Why did Volvo let other automobile makers see their seat belt design?
- The government told them they had to.
- They thought the design was useless and wouldn’t work.
- Nils Bohlin said he wouldn’t design the seat belt unless the plans were shared.
- They believed safety was more important than making money from their design.
Question 2 of 3
Wearing a seat belt lowers your chance of injury by at least _______ if you have a wreck and are sitting in the front seat.
Question 3 of 3
Which statement about Nils Bohlin is NOT true?
- Nils Bohlin was an engineer
- Nils Bohlin was inducted into the Automobile Hall of Fame.
- Nils Bohlin designed the three-point seat belt in less than one year.
- Nils Bohlin designed the seat belt mainly to save race car drivers from injury.
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/who-designed-the-seat-belt.