WONDER # 2316: Who Was Wendell Scott?
Question 1 of 3
According to this Wonder, segregation meant that...
- the American government thought children of all colors should attend the same schools.
- people of different colors were separated in most areas of life.
- Americans were not allowed to travel out of the country.
- NASCAR was required to let drivers of all races compete.
Question 2 of 3
Wendell Scott was the first __________________ driver in NASCAR.
- stock car
Question 3 of 3
Why wasn’t Wendell Scott immediately declared the winner of the race in Jacksonville?
- Other drivers thought he had cheated.
- The officials tampered with the scores so that a White driver would win.
- There was a paperwork problem and he had never officially registered to race.
- The flag waver wasn’t paying attention and forgot to wave the flag.
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/Who-Was-Wendell-Scott.