WONDER #2312: What Could You Watch in the Colosseum?
Question 1 of 3
The Colosseum is the biggest _______________ in the world.
- swimming pool
Question 2 of 3
Which statement about the Colosseum is a fact?
- The Colosseum is still used to host gladiator matches today.
- Romans enjoyed being able to swim in the Colosseum during the summer.
- The Colosseum hosted reenactments of famous battles.
- Tourists should visit the Colosseum when they’re in Italy.
Question 3 of 3
According to today's Wonder, why was admission to the Colosseum free?
- The Colosseum wasn't very popular anyway.
- The entertainers weren't paid, so it made no sense to charge admission.
- Romans refused to pay.
- The Romans wanted everyone, even the very poor, to be able to enjoy the Colosseum.
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/What-Could-You-Watch-in-the-Colosseum.