WONDER #18: Can You Train a Goldfish?
Question 1 of 3
When were goldfish first domesticated?
- Around 25 years ago.
- Last century.
- More than 1,000 years ago.
- They are not domesticated.
Question 2 of 3
Cullum Brown did an experiment using fish. What tool did he use to test the ability of fish to learn?
- A bell to signal feeding time.
- Nothing--he just stood in front of the tank to see if the fish would come.
- A castle in the aquarium.
- A net with a hole in it.
Question 3 of 3
According to this Wonder, fish may use ______ by recognizing that humans feed them and "begging" for food or hovering at the surface when they enter a room.
- associative learning
- sound association
- vision disturbances
- habitat familiarity
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/Can-You-Train-a-Goldfish.