WONDER #1390: Does Your Heart Burn?
Question 1 of 3
Esophageal reflux is a scientific term for the common ailment more commonly known as what?
- tennis elbow
- heart attack
Question 2 of 3
What is the name of the muscular valve responsible for preventing stomach acid from entering the esophagus?
- lower esophageal sphincter
- stomach lining
- large intestine
Question 3 of 3
What does GERD stand for?
- gastroesophageal reflex dyspepsia
- gastric esophagus reflux disease
- gastroesophageal reflux disease
- gastric esophagus reflex dyspepsia
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/does-your-heart-burn.