WONDER #1346: What Is Autism?
Question 1 of 3
How else do people say autism spectrum disorder?
- on the spectrum
- All of the above.
Question 2 of 3
People with ASD are neurodivergent. That means . . .
- the halves of their brain don’t work together.
- their brain works differently.
- they can’t recognize emotions.
- they are easily overwhelmed.
Question 3 of 3
According to this Wonder, how can you best help an Autistic person that is overwhelmed?
- Give them space, ask if they’re okay when they seem calmer, and reduce the noise, lights, or activity.
- Take them to the park, go for a hike in the woods, and then take a nap.
- Make sure you don’t change their routine.
- Listen to them talk about a special interest.
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/What-Is-Autism.