WONDER #1064: Where Is Timbuktu?
Question 1 of 3
If someone says “from here to Timbuktu,” what do they probably mean?
- a place they don’t want to visit
- a popular place where lots of people spend time
- a factory that makes salt
- a place that’s very far away and difficult to reach
Question 2 of 3
Which of these is something ancient Timbuktu was known as?
- sugar manufacturing capital
- education center
- important trade city
- Both b and c
Question 3 of 3
Which country did Mali gain independence from in 1960?
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/Where-Is-Timbuktu.