WONDER #1048: Is the Five-Second Rule Really True?
Question 1 of 3
According to the five-second rule, it’s still safe to eat food that has been dropped on the floor as long as you do what?
- pick it up and eat it within five seconds of being dropped
- turn around in a circle five times first
- microwave the food for five seconds before eating it
- let the food sit on the floor for five seconds before picking it up
Question 2 of 3
Food dropped on the floor can be dangerous to eat if it picks up what?
- E. coli
- all of the above
Question 3 of 3
What should you do if your food falls to the floor?
- Pick it up immediately, and eat it.
- Pick it up after 5 seconds, and eat it.
- Pick it up, and throw it in the trash.
- Do nothing, and let the dog eat it.
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/is-the-five-second-rule-really-true.