WONDER #741: What Is Compost?
Question 1 of 3
What was the main idea of this Wonder?
- Composting is a process that turns organic materials into compost soil that can be used in gardens.
- People should compost everything instead of throwing things away.
- Meat and dairy should not be put in compost piles.
- Composting is a natural process.
Question 2 of 3
To start a compost pile, you need a mixture of _____________________.
- Both a and c
Question 3 of 3
Which statement is the BEST evidence that composting could help reduce waste in the United States?
- "You can think of composting as an example of the natural life cycle of organic things."
- "About 30% of all garbage in the United States is food and yard waste."
- "Healthy compost contains about one-quarter nitrogen and three-quarters carbon."
- "Some types of trash can be turned into something your garden will love."
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/index.php/wonder/What-Is-Compost.