WONDER #2953: What Are the Types of Jewish Dance?
Question 1 of 3
What is the main idea of this Wonder?
- The Yemenite step is a part of many Jewish dances.
- The Jewish diaspora influenced the development of dance steps.
- The hora is a group dance.
- Dancing is an important part of Jewish religious and cultural life.
Question 2 of 3
How do we know that the hora is one of the most popular Jewish dances?
- The hora originated in Romania.
- The chair dance was originally not part of the hora.
- It is a very well-known dance that is often seen at weddings and other celebrations.
- Hasidic circle dances are a form of prayer.
Question 3 of 3
According to the article, where did klezmer music come from?
- 1800s Hasidic tradition
- 1600s Europe
- The U.S. in the 2000s
- Immigrants to Israel in the early 1900s
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/index.php/wonder/What-Are-the-Types-of-Jewish-Dance.