WONDER #44: What Is a Biography?
Question 1 of 3
This Wonder is mostly about . . .
- How to write a memoir
- The importance of slave narratives in the abolitionist movement
- James Boswell
- Different kinds of biographies
Question 2 of 3
How do we know that autobiographies can be used to draw attention to important issues?
- One genre of autobiography, called slave narratives, were written for the purpose of inspiring others to work against slavery.
- Writing a biography requires a lot of research.
- One of the most famous biographies in ancient times was the descriptions of Socrates by his student, Plato.
- Many memoirs focus on someone’s unique life.
Question 3 of 3
How is an autobiography different from a memoir?
- Memoirs are shorter than autobiographies.
- Memoirs are usually about one part of a person’s life—not their entire life, like an autobiography.
- Autobiographies are about someone else, whereas a memoir is about oneself.
- Memoirs are about famous or important people; autobiographies are about ordinary people.
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/index.php/wonder/What-Do-Gardens-on-Rooftops-in-Cities-Look-Like.