WONDER #2930: Who Was Nellie Bly?
Question 1 of 3
What is this Wonder mostly about?
- How to write an editorial piece.
- Poor treatment of people in asylums.
- The history of muckrakers.
- Nellie Bly’s work as a newspaper reporter.
Question 2 of 3
Which statement is NOT true about investigative journalism?
- Stories focus on injustices.
- Readers are encouraged to take action.
- Writing focuses on less serious topics.
- Reporters investigate problems.
Question 3 of 3
Why did Nellie Bly move from Pittsburgh to New York City?
- Her editor in Pittsburgh would no longer let her write serious stories.
- Bly was planning a trip around the world.
- She had a new job in New York City.
- She had written stories about all of the problems she saw in Pittsburgh.
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/index.php/wonder/Who-Was-Nellie-Bly.