WONDER #2911: What Is Black History Month?
Question 1 of 3
Why did Dr. Woodson and the ASALH establish what would become Black History Month?
- To inspire others to keep learning about Black history throughout the year.
- To celebrate the history and culture of African Americans.
- To draw attention to the contributions of African Americans.
- All of the above.
Question 2 of 3
According to the article, why did Dr. Woodson choose the second week of February for “Negro History Week”?
- February is the shortest month.
- That week includes both Frederick Douglass' and Abraham Lincoln’s birthdays.
- To celebrate the week that Frederick Douglass escaped from slavery.
- That is the anniversary of the end of the Civil War.
Question 3 of 3
Which is NOT a synonym for the word “celebrate”?
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/index.php/wonder/What-Is-Black-History-Month.