WONDER #2908: What Is Chiari Malformation?
Question 1 of 3
This Wonder is mostly about . . .
- An abnormality of the brain called Chiari malformation.
- A curvature of the spine called scoliosis.
- A birth defect where the spine doesn’t completely cover the spinal cord.
- A problem where one’s irregular breathing interrupts sleep.
Question 2 of 3
Based on information from the Wonder, what is the cerebellum?
- The base of the skull.
- The lower part of the brain.
- The part of the brain that controls the sense of smell.
- The opening in the skull for the spinal cord.
Question 3 of 3
How do we know that Chiari malformation affects people differently?
- There are a wide range of symptoms.
- Some people don’t know they have it until adulthood.
- Some cases are evident at birth.
- All of the above.
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/index.php/wonder/What-Is-Chiari-Malformation.