Wonder #2901: Does Your Nose Have to Be Straight to Work?
Question 1 of 3
What does the phrase deviated septum mean?
- A crooked part inside the nose.
- When one’s face isn’t the same on both sides.
- The ability to breathe well through both nostrils.
- A doctor who works on breathing problems.
Question 2 of 3
Based on information from the Wonder, what is septoplasty?
- A type of medicine that cures coughs.
- Surgery to fix a crooked nose.
- A doctor who works on ears, noses, and throats.
- The name of the membrane lining inside the nose.
Question 3 of 3
How can some deviated septa can be avoided?
- Some people don’t know they have a deviated septum.
- Doctors may need x-rays to see a crooked nose.
- Doctors tell people to wear helmets and seat belts.
- Not all people with deviated septa have breathing issues.
Check your answers online at https://wonderopolis.org/index.php/wonder/Does-Your-Nose-Have-to-Be-Straight-to-Work.